The first-ever national study on evangelization and outreach in Orthodox parishes in the United States has been released by the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the USA. The report "Go and Make Disciples: Evangelization and Outreach in US Orthodox Parishes" explores the practices and strategies developed by some Orthodox parishes that can be viewed as "exemplary" in their missionary and outreach efforts.
- Examples of what the readers will find in the report include:
- The "secrets" of being a parish that attracts and welcomes new members;
- Eight good practices of welcoming first-time visitors and inquirers about the Faith;
- How do "exemplary" parishes achieve a high degree of involvement of their members in parish life;
- Four distinct features of religious education in the "exemplary" parishes;
- Six "lessons" that Church leadership (bishops) can learn from the "exemplary" parishes.
The article can be accessed at the Assembly of Bishops website: