[Jersey City, NJ] - Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral of Jersey City celebrated the 115th anniversary of the founding of the parish on Sunday, October 30th with the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy celebrated by His Eminence, Archbishop Michael, Mitred Archpriest Joseph Lickwar (the Rector), Very Reverend John Kluchko, Very Reverend Samuel Kedala, Very Reverend Daniel Andrejuk (Representation Church of Saint Catherine the Martyr in Moscow), Deacon Stephan Karlgut, Deacon John Black (Saint Vladimir’s Seminary) and Deacon Solomon Longo (Saint Tikhon’s Seminary), Subdeacon Mark Federoff and Subdeacon Zachary Parisi.
His Eminence was greeted with bread and salt by the Parish President Jeffrey David Hoff, the parish rector, and church school children, who presented him with flowers and candles, and incense which they made in their church school classes.
His Eminence presented the Grammota Award to the Parish for the 115thAnniversary and to Very Reverend John Kluchko on the Sixtieth Anniversary of Priesthood, and to Theodore Mullally, the Diocesan Certificate of Church Music Appreciation was awarded for thirty-eight years of singing in the parish choir.
The cathedral choir was directed by Alexei V. Shipovalnikov, and they were joined by former choir members.
The parish was Incorporated on October 7, 1907, and Mitred Archpriest Alexander Hotovitzky served his first Divine Liturgy in October on Sunday, October 24, 1907.
Time was set aside for Questions and Answers by the Archbishop during the lunch that followed.