St Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church is hosting a Youth Retreat on Saturday, December 14, 2019, from 9:30 am to 5 pm.
The retreat is based on the popular YouTube catechetical video series "Be the Bee" hosted by Steven Christoforou, Director of the Youth and Young Adult Ministries (Y2AM) of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese --thus the retreat's nickname "Be the Bee Retreat", or simply BeeTreat.
- Youth in grades 6-12, Young Adults, Parents, Youth Workers and other Adults will participate in workshops designed and led by Steven Christoforou and his team; there are two workshop sessions, 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 4:15pm.
- Children in PreK to Grade 5 will participate in activities organized by our Parish's Religious Education during the same workshop times.
- A special Young Adult evening event is also planned at 7pm at the Church Hall, over appetizers and fellowship with Steve and his team.
- Matins and Vespers services will be celebrated at the beginning and conclusion of the day event, respectively.
- As hosts, our Parish will offer breakfast, snacks and lunch. The evening event will be catered by a local restaurant.
- There is no fee for the day event! Free will donations are welcome.